Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, December 04, 2006

My Big Day by Maggie

I wore Mom out yesterday, so she asked if I would dictate her this post. Here's my side of the story.

My nose was running real bad all weekend, so Mom didn't let me do much. This was very unfair, and by Sunday, I was bored. BUT I found this really fun thing to do while Mom was in the shower. I put brink pink paper on the kitchen floor, then using water and my paint brush, I painted the paper. The best part was peeling back the paper and seeing the patterns it left on the white linoleum. When Mom saw my designs on the floor she screamed and told Daddy that new floors might have just gone to the top of the "house list". I don't know what that meant but she made me help her wash away my design. It made me sad, but at least I got to go to church.

While we were gone Daddy brought in all the boxes of Christmas decorations. That made Mommy very busy. So, I opened up two binders of old Christmas cards. There were so many cards, I couldn't believe it. To get a better look, I spread them all over the living room. When Mom saw it, she started yelling again. I don't really understand why. The cards looked so beautiful on the couch, floor, table, chairs, why would she want to put them away? Grown-ups!

After that, I decided to find my sister. She came up with this cool game using the Aquadoodle. My sister, who can reach the kitchen sink with the help of a chair, got a cup from the bathroom, filled it up with water in the kitchen, then threw the cup on the Aquadoodle making a big splat! It was so fun. I went to the bathroom, got my own cup and with my sister's help, I got to throw cups of water too. But Mom heard the water running and wondered what we were up to. She came into the kitchen just in time to see me throw my second cup. Boy, and I thought I'd heard her yell before church, but it was nothing like the water yell.

She made my sister and I clean up the mess, then told Daddy if he didn't take us outside she was going to leave for a long time. I was so glad to go outside. I really wasn't that sick, my nose was just runny. I felt so good I got on my sister's scooter, but it was too big for me and I fell in the gutter. I really wanted Mommy and she gave me a hug, got me clothes, changed me and sent me back out to play...with chalk. I came in tired and ready for my nap.

After I rested I was ready for action again. But my nose was really running bad, and Mommy said I had to stay with her. It was ok, because she got out the paints. She gave me paper, too, but it was so fun to paint the table, why use the paper? Too bad, I ran out of table, because when I asked Mom for more "wood". She got a really funny look on her face. Then she came to the table and made this funny sucking noise, like she was trying to breathe but couldn't. Her mouth was open for a long time too. I said to her, "See, I need more wood." And she looked at me real funny. Then she got the 409 and paper towels and we both started scrubbing. I thought the table looked better with the color, but I guess Mom didn't agree. She muttered the whole time about washable paint. It sort of sounded like she was praying or something. Once the table was clean, she said "Thank God for Crayola washable paint." Whatever that means.

After that, Mommy poured herself a big glass of wine and said I was going to school today no matter what. I don't know why that was a big deal. I kept telling her I wasn't sick. And that's my story. I don't know why Mommy gets so grumpy, do you?

Maggie

4 Comments:

  • At 1:32 AM , Blogger Ani said...

    funny, funny, funny (cuz of course, it wasn't happening in MY home!). sounds like her nose was runny, but the rest of her was pretty much a-ok.
    thank god for school :)

     
  • At 5:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Many chuckles. Mom needs to "take it easy", as my gal likes to say.

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Donna said...

    Great story telling, Maggie! Next time, tell mommy to get the camera and share some pictures of your fun adventures!

    ;)

    Donna
    Double Happiness!

     
  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger M3 said...

    Classic!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home