Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Straight from the Mouth of Babes

A conversation from yesterday:

La Nina: What does 'spoiled' mean?
Me: When you give someone everything they want and then they start to expect it.
La Nina: So, like when you're really nice?
Me: Well, kind of. But it's more when someone is just giving another person something to the point where they don't even notice it as a gift anymore. The person receiving never says thank you or anything. They just expect it.
La Nina: Oh, I get it. Like Daddy.

And at that I was left speechless.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

    OH MY GOSH!! So true!!
    Ha ha ha
    Lisa

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Donna said...

    Awww! What a lucky man to be so spoiled!

    ;)

    Donna

     
  • At 9:57 PM , Blogger M3 said...

    Ha!!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That kills me!

    Of course, I would have to say I'm the spoiled one in our household...I've gotten so used to Edward doing the dishes (...and the laundry, and the grocery shopping...) that if I have to do them I get annoyed!

    Milinda
    skulking sheepishly away

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home