Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

"It'll be wonderful when it's done...."

We're about 10 days from starting demolition on our house in preparation for a major remodel and already, I have to remind myself of how wonderful it will be someday. A quick update:

Packing: Ugh! I have maybe 10 boxes packed. It's mostly kitchen and dining room stuff and I have a LONG way to go. This is the stuff that takes the longest, right?

Decisions: We picked our color palette, flooring and cabinets yesterday. Counters are next..but we have a good idea of what we like. It'll be wonderful when it's done.

Projects: Well, we know we're going to do the kitchen, but the upstairs is up in the air. Costs are sky-rocketing and unless we find a way to get them under control, we'll have to change directions. It may end up meaning we do the laundry room, currently the slums of our home, and the Master Bathroom aka ballroom. (Our master bathroom is disproportionally large...it's ridiculous actually. It would be good to reconfigure it.)

Kids: There were a few tense moments when the Magster decided to help me pack my antique China. Otherwise the kids pretty much cooperated with the entire day. Thank goodness their old enough to entertain themselves. A year ago this would not have been possible. But today, they happily played store, colored and rode bikes around the court. Of course, the three hour nap helped.

"Tween Moment: La Nina dancing to Kelly Clarkson on the radio. Scary.

I'll try not to bore everyone to tears with TMI on this whole remodel, but I'll give weekly or so updates. For now, it's just a lot of work and I really have no idea how I'll get it all done.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home