Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Once you go .MAC...

As of about two weeks ago, I began using a MAC for the first time in my life. Now I know most MAC users are rabid lovers of their computers, Steve Jobs and all fruit that is red and round. I'm not terribly technical and I don't have time to learn...so the whole MAC experience has been a bit like adoption parenting...a long wait, followed by a few unexpected bumps, but it's all working out fine now. I do think my new Mac is very pretty. In fact, she's lovely. I'm thinking about naming her Fiona.

However, I have one really big gripe about the MAC: No back space button. Where the heck is the backspace button? It's KILLING me not to have a backspace button. The delete button is a pain. I need my backspace. If you ask me, this quite possibly could be why Apple never took over the world. Here's my theory: some VP couldn't back up when he/she got to typing too fast, they put out some bad marketing material and it killed their stock. Sure may be I'm off base, but I need to backspace.

I hope this new machine will allow me to post pictures again. Some random hiccup happened with my other machine and I lost the capability, but I'm hoping my Mac makes it easier for me. And I can't wait to hook up my iPod. It should be really fun.

***
Other family news:
**La Nina had strep throat. After a throat culture, it was determined I've been spared the disease.
**The remodel is starting in about 3 weeks and our family will be officially homeless soon there after. The contractor's saying 10 weeks, but what's that old expression double the time and triple the costs. Yeah, I'm hoping we're back in by the holidays.
**Maggie's in love with Sanjaya, but she's not old enough to dial a phone, so I'm pretty sure she's not voting for him.
Please humor my quick Idol run down: I think Melinda is sweet, but really dull and she has no neck, but she's so nice I feel bad writing that about her. I like Lakisha's fire, but she seems a little DIVA-ish. My two favorites are Blake and Jordan. I just can't believe Sanjaya and Phil are still in it.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:36 AM , Blogger Spinner said...

    Backspace: If not the DELETE then perhaps the left-arrow key is what you want?

    I'm really enjoying your blog.

     
  • At 7:04 AM , Blogger One Lucky Mom said...

    I'll give it a try. I hope it works.

     
  • At 11:02 PM , Blogger Spinner said...

    If that's not what you had in mind; drop me a line (marney at wilde.org). This is a Mac house; we've been using Apples/Macs professionally for over 20 years. Or, any Genius Bar in an Apple store could help--but I can't imagine that you have time to spend in an Apple store!

     
  • At 2:48 PM , Blogger M3 said...

    Re AI: My sister in law told me she thinks Melinda looks like Shrek and now that's all I can think when she sings. The thought circles around and around in my head - it's awful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home