Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Back to Reality

Well, that was about the fastest two week break I can remember. When it was December 21 and school wasn't starting until January 7, that sounded so long. In reality, it was a blink of the eye. Given La Nina started back to school today, the break is officially over. Here are some of the highlights that were gifts I received only because the kids weren't in school:

**Ice Skating in San Francisco with the 'injured' Auntie and lunch at the Rainforest Cafe was a blast. We took BART into the city. Auntie only skated for a single lap, but helped with the girls as I took them each around. By the end, they were starting to skate independently. I hope it becomes a tradition.

Seeing the movie Enchanted. We went last week. Of course, we had to convince La Nina there were no witches. At the end of the movie, she said, "It was okay, but my fingers are killing me." I assumed they'd been in her mouth, but nope: she'd had them in her ears for two hours. She thought the show was too loud. PS: Don't miss this movie if you have kids or just want to see a very fun, girly movie.

Scheduling play dates for Maggie
It's good to see Maggie begin developing her own friendships and going on play dates. Of course, she didn't speak for an hour at one of the play dates. Even after her friend asked "Maggie, Why aren't you talking to me?", she remained silent. But she did have fun after she found her voice. The second play date was a hoot. We had a little friend of hers over. I knew it would be out of hand when the friend showed up wearing a Hannah Montana shirt. Maggie and her friend sang and danced for two hours straight. At the end of the play date they hugged and said, "I love you so much." It was very cute.

*******
The best conversation I overheard:

While sitting at the counter eating lunch:

Maggie: Singing along with Radio Disney.
La Nina: Maggie, please be quiet. I just need a minute of quiet.
Maggie: Sings louder.
La Nina: Maggie, really. You've been singing all morning. Stop.
Maggie: Sings louder still.
La Nina: Maggie, you've got to stop. How am I supposed to eat with all that noise?

It's so nice to know my daughter shares my pain.
*******

Best Comment Made by each child:
Maggie: "Mom, all you do is laundry, laundry, laundry. Do you love it? "

Carly: While eating whole wheat noodles for the first time...
"Mom, this is like the most totally disgusting thing I've ever eaten. Really, it is."
She ate the whole plate. It wasn't THAT bad.
********

I hope you had as much fun on your Christmas break as we did on ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home