Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Straight from the Mouth of Babes...

A conversation with the Magster.  Because I only have privacy when I shower at the gym, this happened yesterday morning while I was getting out of the shower.  :

"Mommy, do you get tired making all the rules?"  She's standing outside the shower, twisting her wankie, but her eyes are twinkling.  That's never good.

"I don't make all the rules," I deny.  

"You should take a break from making rules,"  Magster suggests.  I've learned if Maggie's being helpful, it's trouble.  My full attention is focused now on her.

"Who would make the rules if I took a break?"  

"Daddy."  She's way too quick with that suggestion.  Way too quick.  So I ask...

"What kind of rules does Daddy make?"  This I have to hear...

"Oh, he doesn't make rules."  At least she's honest.  

"So, what does he do when he's in charge?"  

"He says, 'yes, Maggie, yes, Maggie.'"  

All my worst fears are confirmed.  I'm never leaving town again.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM , Blogger Kelly Pollard said...

    Hey Julie,

    Do we have the same husband? This is sounding way too familiar. Maggie is too smart for her own good!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home