Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Maggie's dad pipes in on the blog

Time for Maggie's dad to chime in on the blog.

This blog deal is a new concept for me- sharing thoughts and news for all to see. Kind of "Dr. Phil meets Drudge" or something to that effect, but what the heck. Let's fire up dady's blog numero uno...

My main task now is dealing with two women on the edge- Julie who is the hormonal equivalent of an eight month pregnant woman with an umbilical cord stretching to the Far East and Carly who thinks she's ready to be a big sister but I suspect will be just as hormonal when "Maggie reality" settles in.

My other challenge is trying to figure out how I'm soon going to cohabitate with three lovely, chatty women. Our house is about to become a testosterone deprivation chamber. I better schedule a poker game with the boys, watch The Dirty Dozen and Tivo The Man Show for a few weeks to make sure I survive the estrogen onslought. Any helpful hints from any who have already successfully traveled this path, please feel free to offer words of wisdom...

Like Julie, I can't wait to get to China to retrieve Maggie and bring her home. I'm confidant we'll all survive the anxiety of the wait and forget all about it the moment they place Maggie in our arms. What's more, I'm sure I'll not only survive the return to a house filled with three women and a dad, but learn to like it quite a bit. Bring it on...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home