Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Birthdays and Rumors

Well, we survived Maggie's birthday. This is the day I dreaded the most during the wait. It wasn't easy, and I am relieved it is behind us now. Calling last night really made today a lot easier. I am glad we called. Also, all the friends and family who remembered helped too! Thanks for the calls, emails and cards of support. It was much appreciated.

I finally converted the updated measurements on Maggie. If I did the calcuation right, Maggie is only in the 25th percentile for height and weight at 12 months. The girls from the Southern region in China tend to be smaller, so all of this isn't really surprising. Just nice to know for packing purposes. I hadn't planned to take some of my smallest stuff. Now I probably will.

Also, we heard a couple of rumors about our travel date today. Definitely good news and if the rumors are correct, it looks like we will be leaving on schedule. I had been worried since nothing was confirmed that we were going to be delayed. Still no real count down until we have confirmed dates, but we have our fingers crossed the confirmation will come soon.

On a special note- Happy Birthday to our niece, who is turning 12. It will be special to have you and Maggie share a birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home