Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Mini-Vans and More News

Well, I guess it could be just News and News.

We have officially given into the fact we are parents and there is a reason why you see all those mini-vans driving around. The reason is car seats. See, once you have two cars seats in your car there is room for little else. Since we are getting very close to having two car seats, we decided a mini-van was in order. (Remember, we already own an SUV). I have to say, I am officially uncool. BUT, I can open the van doors remotely, I can reconfigure the entire interior of my van with a screaming child in one arm and a shopping cart full of groceries in front of me, AND I can fit two car seat as well as two additional adults to help with the aforementioned screaming child. So, as much as I have denied this day would come...it has come and I am kind of happy about it. Did I mention 13 cup holder plus 4 bottle wells? What about that in-car entertainment station? Ok, I will stop. I have officially driven a stake in the heart of the city girl I longed to be. It is suburban Mom all the way.

Also, as if the "official news" isn't going to be anti-climatic enough now, we heard we are getting "the call" on Monday! We will own plane tickets to China by Wednesday. Then the official preparation begins. All my insane house cleaning and neurotic ramblings, will be replaced by questions such as...how many diapers does it take to keep a 12 month old dry for 14 days and the ever difficult twist: how do you account for diapers if there is an intestinal parasite involved? Laugh if you must, but this is the real questions facing adoptive parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home