Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The "Issues" I Face

These days, especially this week for some reason, I am dealing with some very base issues. Based on my week, I should change my pen name to the Princess of Poop.

First there are Maggie's samples. As part of Maggie's screening tests, two samples must be gathered on three different days . Do you know how hard it is to gather samples from a diaper with a 14 month old trying to help? Scooping and trying to get the scoop in this little vial and fill the vial to a certain line without getting it on yourself, the counter or the child, who really wants to see, is an excercise for only the steadiest hands. Thank goodness Maggie wears a diaper. Otherwise, I don't know how this task could be done. I am two thirds of the way through my "sampling" and have tomorrow to go. There better be a really good reason why one sample would not suffice and believe me, I will be asking the doctor next time I see him.

Then, there is La Nina's contribution to my week. She had a bad day the other day. She slept too long and had an accident during her nap. I had to strip the bed and get laundry started, so I just tossed some sweats on her skipping the panties since we were going to get in the tub in a couple of hours. Why is it whenever Mom's get confident the kids get a little too comfortable and disaster strikes? Well, La Nina had a second episode in one day, a very rare event, to say the least. In her defense, she was trying to get to the bathroom and was asking for my help. I was home alone and in the middle of feeding Maggie. As you know, you can't leave the baby eating alone . So, I had to stop dinner and grab Maggie before I could help La Nina. By the time I arrived, she was standing in the bathroom with a stricken look on her face. Let me tell you, I was the one with a stricken look when I figured out the magnitude of the problem. So, I am trying to clean La Nina, the sweats, the bathroom and keep Maggie and La Nina from touching or spreading the mess. Did I mention Dad was out that night? Everyone lost their appetite by the time we were done in the bathroom. I think I saved the sweats, but ick...Thank goodness it was bath night.

What has happened to my life? I used to resolve "issues" at work and now I sample and clean "issues" at home. The fact I would even write about this shows you just how sad the whole mess is. Let's just hope next week is a little less base.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home