Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

This has to be a World Record...

As I was driving to my hike this morning, I was reflecting on the first 3 months of the year. I realized a very scary fact. I have been to Kaiser 12 times since January 1! No wonder the receptionist in pediatrics greets me like an old friend and asks about the girls.

Here is a short run down of my visits:

Maggie:
  • 3 trips to the lab blood work.
  • 1 trip 15 month well baby visit.
  • 1 trip when she had RSV.

La Nina:
  • 4 trips for pnuemonia diagnosis and rechecks.
  • 1 trip for 3 year old well-child visit.

Me:
  • 1 trip for ear infection/broncitis.
Total 12 visits between January 11 and April 1.

I think I should get some sort of special award for 12 visits in 12 weeks. The amazing thing to me about this number is my girls are basically healthy. There are no serious illnesses, this is just normal kid stuff.

Slightly off topic, but a funny La Nina story from her Friday visit. La Nina is really tough when it comes to physical pain. Actually, she is unbelievable. Friday, she had to get a shot. So, after she had her pnuemonia rechecked, I took her to the injection clinic without explaining what a shot meant. Why scare her by saying "this is going to hurt"? So, she walked into the clinic, sat on the table, completely unphased. When the shot happened, a shocked look came across her face and to the nurse she angrily said, "Hey girl, you're hurting me." Then she turned to me, completely mad, and said, "Mom, this girl is hurting me." By the time she had both sentences out, the shot was over. Not a tear shed, but she was absolutely furious with the nurse and refused to take her sticker. After she recovered from her amazement, the poor nurse joined me in a hearty laugh. La Nina got an ice cream treat for her bravery, and I was quite proud of her backbone~standing up to a strange adult! And this was my mellow child. Oy-Vey! We could be in for some interesting teen years with our two little spit fires!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home