Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, February 10, 2006

And So Ends Porcelain Adventure

Well, we cancelled the great porcelain adventure due to wholesale manipulation of the situation by the small child. May be indefinitely postponed the adventure is a better way to phrase it. The Magster figured out going to the potty was a lot more work than simply using her diaper, so she began skipping the whole potty thing. Mind you, she was wearing panties when the skipping started and I was watching the laundry pile up.

I would put her on the potty. She would tell me, "No pee, Mom, no pee-pee." I would take her off the potty and a puddle would magically appear on the floor. Or she would be playing, I would take her to the potty. She would scream at the inconvenience of leaving, refuse to potty, then potty has she ran down the hall.

It came down to this. My position was panties and potty. Her position was panties and no potty. So, I win and she is back in diapers. Of course, now she is extremely insistent about prompt changes. As soon as she feels any wetness, she finds me and begins taking off her diaper. That means I interrupt whatever I am doing and deal with her. Goodness, now that I write this, I realize perhaps she is still winning. Damn it! I hate it when the kids outsmart me.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM , Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

    Oh no, you got me all excited and I was going to start next week!! Gracie takes off her diaper as SOON as she gets it even a little wet...without telling me...Kids! Hey, if you guys are ever on this side of the bay, let me know!
    Lisa

     
  • At 12:32 AM , Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

    Oh, no! The same thing just happened with my Tommy. Bummer! We're going to try again this summer, when he can be sans pants, or anything for that matter, ha ha!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home