Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Conversations with an almost 4 year old, part 2

Again, recorded to the best of my recollection.

Me: "Honey, get your rain boots on. We're going to run errands."

La Nina: "Where are we going?"

Me: "Weekly offices to pick up extra copies of my story, to get gas, Red Bear to pick up a head shot for another story I'm writing, then to Andrea's so you can hold Baby Erik."

La Nina: "Is he out of her tummy?"

Me: "Yes, honey. Remember you met him the other night. But your nose was running, so we agreed you would hold him another time. This is the other time."

La Nina: "Is her tummy flat?"

Me: "Yes. She looks great. Go get your boots."

La Nina: "But, Mom. I thought babies came from orphanages, not tummies."

Me: "Well, all babies start out in a mommy's tummy, but some mommy's can't take care of their babies. That's how come some babies end up in orphanages."

La Nina: "Then, they find forever families?"

Me: "Yeah. Honey. That's how it works."

La Nina: "Do I have to wear socks?"

So ended today's conversation. I hate to bore you with the details of my daughter putting her story together, but I am intrigued by it. We will probably repeat this conversation or something similar for the next few days, then she'll drop it. She never fails to surprise me with her questions. Incidently to other China parents, La Nina started asking questions started at 2 and a half. I know that isn't true of all kids, but prepare yourselves. You never know when they are going to come at you with questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home