Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

What happened to my Spring?

We have had the most glorious weather for the past two weeks. The sunny days in the mid-70's lulled me into forgetting this is the month that begins with "F". Normally, I don't like months that begin with "F", I like months that are 4 letters and begin with J. I also enjoy months that start with A and S, but D, N, J (longer than 4 letters) and F, I could do without. The fact I have liked the first two weeks of "F" month is rather remarkable. Until today. It all ended today.

Over night the temperature dropped 20 degrees. We went from short sleeve shirts to Tinkerbell jackets overnight. And now, it's supposed to rain. The inhumanity of it all.

Worse yet, the girls broke out the flip flops during the good weather and are a little bummed about putting them away. We have a rule about no flip flops out of the house this time of year, but somehow they keep coming up with reasons to wear them. "Mom, I'm just going to the mailbox. I don't need shoes and socks." "Mom, I'm just waving to Daddy. I don't need shoes and socks." "Mom, I'm just going to school, I don't need shoes and socks." I have never heard so many reasons to leave the house without shoes in 50 degree weather. Don't they're feet get cold?

But here is my biggest complaint about the weather: no more afternoons in the yard riding trikes and blowing bubbles. But lots of afternoons with the kids cooped up and one Mom desperately trying to keep them busy. We got a taste of the good life and now we've been slapped back to reality for the next few weeks. How many days 'til Spring?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

    I agree with you, we're getting cabin fever here, too. It is actually comforting to hear about it from other parents, to know I'm not the only one going a little stir crazy. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home