Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dear Editor

Dear Editor-

I'm so sorry I called and asked for assistance covering the groundbreaking ceremony earlier today. When you called as I was leaving and I said, 'No Problem', it was no problem. Everything was going well. The girls were packed for a day with Nana and Papa, they were fed, dressed and cleaned on time. Then I encountered a crisis.

You see, there is the matter of the Magster and her Wankie. If she doesn't have it, things just don't go well for anyone. Ask Ayelet Waldman. And today, when I noticed the Wankie missing as we were pulling out of the court and I knew I had to return home and find it.

I searched as quickly as I could. I tore apart beds, I upended forts, I looked through the laundry baskets. But today, the Wankie was AWOL. The kids were no help. One would tell me it was in the kitchen, the other would direct me to the office. I finally put them in the car so I could search in peace. When I finally did find Wankie in a backpack that had been stuffed in the oven of their toy kitchen, I almost cried tears of joy. But 20 minutes had elapsed since our conversation, and it was too late to get to Nana and Papa's, drop off the kids and return for the groundbreaking. And let's face it: once the ground is broken, there's no going back.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for covering me on the photo op. I'm glad I was there in time to get the story. And sometimes when I say it's a crisis 20 minutes after I told you, 'No Problem', just chalk it up to motherhood.

Your humble freelancer

2 Comments:

  • At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We have the blanket problem with Courtney. She got very attached to a micro-fiber pink blanket in China. Immediately after we returned home, I scoured the Internet and found the same blanket and ordered three more of them. One for my car, one for Suzanne's car, one for house, and one for Nana and Papa's. Nothing like having backup blankets! I don't know if the Magster will notice, but if you can pull the substitute blanket routine, it can be a lifesaver. BTW Courtney is blanket neutural and will latch onto the nearest available blanket.

    Alan S.

     
  • At 5:55 AM , Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

    Wow, you really did a good job putting that together! Very cute. Sorry you had such a hassle.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home