Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Top Five Reasons Why Potty Training is More Work

Well, we're officially into our second week of potty training and I'm remembering the truth about this whole process: diapers are easier! So, I submit to you, my top five reasons why potty training is a lot more work than diapers.

5.) I know the location of every public restroom within a 20 mile radius of my house.
4.) NFL running backs have nothing on me. I can scoop up a child, dash 40 yards while hurdling toys on the way to the potty and make there in less than 5 seconds. I'd like to see Reggie Bush perform under such pressure.
3.) Suddenly, the time I spend in the bathroom, any bathroom, has quadrupled. Especially now that the big sister has figured out Mom is going with the little one and wants equal treatment.
2.) Can you say LAUNDRY? I can, and let me tell you, there is a heck of a lot more of it these days.
1.) There's no pretending you don't smell it when it drops on the floor at your feet.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger M3 said...

    Good luck this week!!! It sounds pretty tough, but your descriptions still make me laugh. I guess a sense of humor is mandatory to surviving potty training, right?

     
  • At 3:22 PM , Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

    We are so in the middle of this!! I did the 50 yard dash to the bathroom at the museum this morning!! And, Hello? Can you HAVE to many pairs of panties??? Cuz we keep running out!
    Lisa

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home