Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Potty Training, Part 2

If you've followed my blog for awhile you may remember the Magster's attempt at potty training from a couple of months ago. And then a few days later, my retraction.

Since then Maggie has taken pride in wearing a diaper. In fact, just last week she proudly stated: "Carly wear panty, Mommy wear panty, daddy wear panty, Maggie wear diaper." She would bring me diapers when she was wet, tell me when she was going, and yet she wouldn't use a potty.

I reasoned with her, I offered her brides, but she refused. I was having visions of being one of those Moms on Nanny 911 with the 5 year old who wasn't potty trained. It was distressing. Now, I know what you say...two and a half is young. I had it easy with La Nina. I'm overreacting. And I completely agree with every statement. It's just I did have it easy with La Nina and I haven't been sure how to proceed with the ever opinionated Magster.

Then on Monday, we were at Carly's gymnastic class when Maggie looked up at me and said, "Maggie go potty now. Come on, Mom."

Intrigued, I followed her. She walked into the bathroom, took off her diaper, climbed up onto the toilet and did her thing. I congratulated her and went to get a clean diaper on her, but I noticed her diaper was dry.

She then looked at me and said, "No more diapers, Maggie wear panty now." And by golly, she has only had one accident since. She is having a fit about putting on diapers, she is demanding panties and she is telling us when she has to go. I think it may stick this time. And now, after so much hopelessness and worry, I'm sad. My baby is giving up diapers. That's a sign, I'm not going to have a baby a whole lot longer. And it makes me sad to see her growing up so quickly. Mothers...we're never happy.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM , Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

    Ok, so after potty training herslef for a month, Gracie seems to have forgotten how to go to the potty. If I take her, she will go, but other than that,she has an accident. Help!
    Lisa
    (good for Maggie, though!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home