Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, January 15, 2007

It just irked me...

For the first time in over two years, I flew on a commercial flight this weekend. And you know what, the whole process just irked me. Not because I minded the heightened security, but more because a few total morons messed it up for everyone. For the first time, I felt the inconvenience fully.

Think about it...Saturday it was 4o degrees and I'm walking through security in my socks because some loser tried to bring down a plane with a bomb in his shoes. Geez! Did he realize the impact he would have on all of us poor people trying to fly in winter? Don't get me wrong, his intent was malice and it would have been horrific had he succeeded, but you know what, my toes felt like they'd been attacked yesterday as I stood waiting for my turn to walk through the scanner. And the guy was supposedly stopped.

Oh, and let's not forget the no clear fluids thing. Again, important risk reducing measure enacted because of threat. The reality is though a whole bunch of nice people get inconvenienced. The air is dry as a bone, I'm parched as a leaf in the fall and there is this nice security lady asking me, "Now, you don't have any water in that bag, do you?" Of course, I didn't and I wouldn't have minded the restriction in any way... but every possible outlet of water was closed in the airport at the time we were flying home and we had to wait until we were on the ground at our destination to get anything. Obviously, I survived the whole thing, but it just irked me.

You know, at different times in my career I was flying a couple of times a month. I'm so grateful I don't have to do that now, because I don't think I'd have the patience for it anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home