Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Day with Nana

Every Thursday, the girls spend the day with Nana. Basically, my Mom (and my Dad too, but he's yellow and when the going gets tough, he goes golfing) devotes an entire day a week to nothing but the girls...and it works out well for everyone.

During these days, the girls get to participate in several non-parental approved activity. I know it is grandparent's job to spoil kids, so I don't sweat the little things that happen during their days together. And occasionally, a story emerges that just has to be told. So, sorry Mom...but this is too good not to write about.

Today, Nana decided to give the girls gum. I've convinced La Nina she can't chew gum until she's five. Really, I don't think that, but if I give gum to La Nina, I have to give it to the Magster, and at 3, she's not ready. However, today, Nana gave both girls gum.

La Nina did just fine. She's clear on the gum concept. But the Magster, well, she's a Magster and after a few minutes of gum chewing Nana noticed that the Magster's little mouth was awfully still.

"Where's the gum, Maggie?" Nana asked.

"In your purse, Nana." Maggie answered.

I only wish I could have been there to see the look on my Mother's face. 'Cuz the Magster was right, the only gum left was in her Nana's purse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home