Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Wall is Down and the Roof is Up!

Well, good news on the remodel front. The wall separating our kitchen and family room is down, and better yet, the house is still standing. Whew! What a load off my shoulders. And you wouldn't believe how much bigger our house looks. It's just amazing.

Work got under way at 7:30am, and by noon, the flooring was out, the kitchen cabinets were in the garage, my much maligned refrigerator was junked and I was allowed to put my foot through a wall. I've always wanted to do that. Too bad getting rid of the refrigerator had me in such a good mood that I didn't have any aggression to left in me.

We've temporarily relocated down the hill to another house in downtown Pleasanton (Hello other home owners! I know you're reading). Tonight is our 3rd night in our new digs. The kids are adjusting well to their new surroundings and they love wathching a squirrel eat an early dinner on the fence outside the kitchen window.

All is well here. I feel like the hardest part is behind us...probably a false sense of security on day 1 of the remodel. But at least the sorting, tossing, donating and packing portion is done for a few weeks. And of course, this will be wonderful when it's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home