Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, June 01, 2007

A Conversation

The following conversation took place in the restroom of a local restaurant between me and the Magster.

We enter the restroom and the Magster reserves one stall, La Nina takes the other. There are only two stalls.

Me: "Mags, do you need help?"

Another patron enters the restroom.

Magster: "No, Mom. I need my piracy."

I stand outside the door. La Nina is taking care of business, the Magster begins making grunts and groans. She sounds like a truck driver after eating coffee shop chili.

Me: "Mags, you ok?"

Mags: "Oh yeah. It's just a really big one, Mom."

Other patron starts snickering. More truck driver sounds from the restroom.

Me: "Are you sure you don't need help?"

Mags, her voice strained: "Mom, this is the last one." Then a sigh of relief.

La Nina leaves her restroom. Other patron crying with laughter enters stall. I'm just hoping Mags isn't going to ask...

Mags: "I'm ready for a wipe down."

Me: "Ok. La Nina, wash your hands and wait for me." I enter the stall, provide the required assistance. Turn to leave.

Mags: "Mom. Look how big my poo-poo friend is. Look. Look."

Me: "Just flush it Mags."

Mags: "OK." Flush. "Bye, bye poo-poo friends."

Patron in the stall next to Mags is starting to worry me. I fear she's hyperventilating. I just really want to go back to my dinner, not that I'm hungry. I just don't think I can face this woman.

We wash up and leave. As we're drying our hands, the woman exits her stall, she crying as if she's chopped an full onion. I flee the bathroom before she can find our table. I bet that woman didn't realize she'd signed up for the dinner show.

The funny thing is: Mags usually refuses to even use a public restroom. I don't know what got into her...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home