Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, June 29, 2007

One of those weeks

You know, I don't really know why I haven't written much this week. The kids weren't in school or camp and somehow the week slipped away from me.

This week the girls wrapped up their year in dance. Even though I have my gripes about "Trumps" Dance Academy,it was a good experience. The girls' had an awesome teacher, who happened to be great dancer. She did a mini-performance after La Nina's last class on Thursday and we were all spellbound by her. Of course, that meant I missed my spinning class, but it was well worth it. I'm a little sad to see this dance year ending and I'm glad I didn't switch studios. (Shocking, I know, considering all my whining!)

Then, this week the girls started their summer session of gymnastics. At her request, La Nina is now going to gymnastics twice a week. In fact, she asked the coach for more gym time all by herself, and the two of them informed me of the request. Maggie does gymnastics too...just once a week. But that's three hours of watching gymnastics for me, not that I mind. It amazes me how quickly the kids progress.

Let's see, we also took the girls to a Giants' game on Wednesday. Cotton candy and a trip to the fan lot fueled them into the 8th inning. It was a family record. Then, I had a doctor's appointment and a dinner out with work friends. And somehow a remodel is happening under our watchful eyes. Now suddenly, the days of my week have melted into a Friday. And it leaves me marveling at the swiftness of life, the speed at which kids grow and change and the shortness of summer weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home