Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Etc, Etc, Etc.

Remodel Update
This phase, the moving back phase, is more work than I ever expected. Somehow no one warned me about this part. Love the house, but will someone please come unpack me, decide where everything should go and then just call me when it's done? I'll be with the kids at gymnastics, dance or swim lessons.

The Amazing La Nina
Speaking of swim lessons, La Nina shocked her swim coach, me and everyone else sitting pool side yesterday, when she decided to swim the length of the pool. (It's a regulation length pool 25 yards or so). While she was supposed to swim to her coach at the half way line, she blew past him and swam to the end. He called in another lifeguard to sit with the class and swam with her. When he offered her a dolphin ride back to class, she passed and swam the length back. After class, her reward was 3 big tosses into the pool...which she loved. Today, the coach forced her to start working on her back stroke. Let's just say, he was very successful at slowing her down.

The Magster's Swim Lessons
Not to be outdone by her sister, the Magster has been picking up her feet and swimming in the shallow end. She hasn't figure out how to lift her head without putting her head down, but she doing lots of other things. In fact, she can now complete forward rolls in the water and dive for rings. It slays her that she can't keep up with her sister and for her age, she's doing great.

That's it for me. Dance for 2007-2008 starts tomorrow and I'm thick in planning for the start of school. Hard to believe 4 weeks from today, La Nina will start school. I hope I'm out from under the boxes by that point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home