Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Why I haven't finished Potter....

My sister finished it. A friend from Pismo who got the book after me finished. Me...not done. Why?

Well, I could use the two kids excuse or I could blame the remodel...both true barriers to me accomplishing anything. But the real reason: I can't remember the six other books well enough to follow this damn plot. Ok, I sort of remember, but I have to reread passage several times, then I wrack my brain trying to remember the history, then I remember the history two days later, search for the section of the book with the memory that has just occured to me...reread that section, lose me place in the book, refind my place in the book and start reading again. This sequence occurs many times a day.

See, motherhood made me lose my memory. The RAM is full. If new information flows in, some old bit of data flows out. Including the details of books I read 7 years ago. Yes....I read some of the first three books over 7 years ago. Before kids, when my life included completed cups of coffee, blow-dried hair and considerably less bodily fluids. When I wasn't homeless and trying to wrap up a remodel. Juggling dashes to Expo for knobs, trips to the pool for swim lessons and jaunts to the dance studio for Princess Dance Camp.

So before you call again, that is why I'm only on page 500, sis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home