Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Life with a non-eater

The Magster doesn't eat.  Really, she eats about one meal every three days.  Don't get me wrong, she's offered food three times a day, but routinely she simply doesn't eat more than a bite or two.  Lately, I've been telling her she can't learn if she's hungry to try to cajole her into eating before school.  It hasn't worked.  Then today, she said this.

Maggie:  "Mommy, my tummy makes funny noise while I'm at school."  

Me:  "It's because you are not eating enough before you go to school and you're hungry."  

Maggie:  "I don't like to eat." 

Me:  "Yes, but it's something you have to do."  

Maggie:  "I like to eat cookies and ice cream.  Can I have that before school?" 

Me:  "Absolutely not.  You need to eat something healthy."  

Maggie:  "Okay.  I'll have a donut."   

With that she pushed away her mac and cheese, apples and milk in hopes of a donut.  And no, she didn't get a donut.  She went to school with hardly any lunch...again.

PS-  I'm considering not paying my taxes this year.  Do you think that will qualify me for a cabinet position with the current administration?   I hear there's an opening in Health and Human Services.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home