Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Monday, May 15, 2006

One Year and Six Months Ago Today

Eighteen months ago today, a frightened baby with hair standing straight up on her head, bright red eczema cheeks and a very bad attitude was placed in my arms forever. She looked me in the eye, grabbed hold of me and didn't let go for eight months, literally. Yes, the Magster's transition into our family took years off my life. Now, when I think back to Maggie's early months with us, I almost can't believe I'm parenting the same child. Over the last year and a half, she has blossomed and continues to amaze us daily with her wit, charm and beauty.

I was going to write this big long thing about all her accomplishments over the past 18 months, but I write so much about both girls, it seems redundant. So, instead, I'm going to steal so words from Cinderella. 'Cind-relly" as Maggie calls her is Maggie's favorite princess these days, and whenever I'm giving the girls their bath and this song comes on the princess CD, it strikes me that Cinderella is singing about the humbling experience of becoming a parent. These words are in honor of my beautiful Princess Margaret. She'll never know the joy she has brought to our lives.

So this is love, Mmmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings, Mmmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch ev'ry star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
So this is love


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home