Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Etc., Etc., Etc.

Ok, thought I would just give a bunch of quick updates:

Second week of work went well. I'm enjoying the whole work scene. Everyone is adjusting to the new, harried life. I only work 3 days a week, but still...it's an adjustment. The Dad has to get the kids out the door every morning and he's learning "to-do-hair" for the first time in his male dominated life. He's got La Nina's hair figured out, but the Magster is another story. She went to school the other day without her beloved tails. I think that was a first.
**************************************************************************************

The Magster is over her potty issues. Thank Goodness. It took a couple of days and the threat of a diaper, but she was scared straight and is back on the bus, so to speak.

**************************************************************************************

I went to this "Pitch-a-thon" the other night at a local book store. The idea was to pitch your book idea to a couple of agents and the best idea won a 30 minute consult. I thought, "Why not?" so I fed the kids dinner, gave them a bath and headed for the book store. When I arrived, there were at least 30 people holding query letters and dressed to the nines waiting to pitch their book. I, on the other hand, had no query letter and a pitch written on the back of a tattered thank you note I found in my purse. Because I'm one of those people who believes, "nothing ventured, nothing gained," I proceeded to "pitch" my book idea in dinner splattered pants. Alas, I didn't win a meeting with an agent, but I did get some really good input on my idea so I was glad I went. And next time I'll know...boy...some of these writerly types are serious. The gal who won really had a great idea...the minute I heard it I knew she just sold a book.

*************************************************************************************

I think that's it for now. More to follow.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:14 AM , Blogger M3 said...

    That Pitch-a-thon sounds so cool! I think it's awesome that you went (splattered pants and all).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home