Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Whew! We made it!

Well, we all survived my first week back at work. Given that my "week" is only 3 days long, it is perhaps less of an accomplishment than those women who really work all week. Here are a few highlights/low lights:

Gee, guess which child had a rough week? The young crazy one who has never napped outside of a home setting or the older, more mature day care experienced but change resistance? Yes, La Nina had a rough week and the Magster just rolled with it. Go figure.

Toughest part: Remembering to set my alarm clark. Good thing the dog wakes me up early every morning so he can go out. He saved me twice when I forgot to set the alarm.

Best part: Shocking my old colleagues. It was fun to call people all over the world and say "I'm back." Then it was even more fun to see how fast the news traveled. By noon my second day, people were calling and emailing me.

The Big Question: Did I like it? You know, I did. It felt good to be back. Perhaps it's because I know it's only for 3 days. Perhaps it because I'm working with folks I genuinely like and respect. I did miss the kids, but I really enjoyed being able to string 2 coherent thoughts together without screaming "Mommy".

So, there you have it. We made it through the week. I'm tired, but I have four days off and a fun weekend planned. Happy Memorial Day! And Taylor Hicks rocks. I was glad he won.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

    I am so far behind...Are you back to work full time? I am going back part time in the fall and am nervous about it. It won't really be a break from kids, though, because I teach pre-school! I am glad it's going well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home