Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Has it really been a week since my last post?

I signed on tonight and was surprised to read its been a week since I've posted. Where does the time go?

Here's the latest with us:

We spent the weekend in Pismo Beach at an adoption reunion. This time it was La Nina's group. Since we meet up with just the other families who adopted from Anqing with us, it was a small group, only six families. At 5 1/2, the girls are now good friends. It is so gratifying to see them hug each other hello and good-bye, hold hands, dance together and visit. This is the last reunion they will have before entering school and it was a good one.

It's funny too how the reunions also take on a new significance for the girls as they get older. Again, I won't betray my daughter's confidentiality with specifics, but this reunion was different for her. She had a great time, but she also had a more emotional response this time to seeing "her sisters". It's a sign that she understands her adoption story more everyday...and at the same time, it doesn't make our job as parents any easier.

Kindergarten Looming:
In seven days, La NIna heads off to Kindergarten. It doesn't seem possible this milestone is upon us. For me, it's bittersweet. I'm excited for her. I know she'll blossom in school. For me, I'm a little sad. I feel like I'm losing my baby. In reality, she's certainly no longer a baby, but something about starting school cements her status as a kid. At least I still have a few mroe days. And yeah...I'll be a Mom who cries on her first day.

Head in the Game
The girls have caught the fever for High School Musical. Dubbed High-sical Musical by the Magster, the two are obsessed with both the first and second versions. La Nina loves Sharpay because she wears high heals and carries a dog. The Magster loves Gabriela. The movies are really cute and I'm so happy to finally know who I'm reading about in People Magazine. I've been reading about these actors for months without a clue as to who they are. A mystery solved for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home