Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

My Day Off

We had a very good weekend. Saw some friends, but mostly just hung out around the house. Maggie's Dad was working in his home office all day both days, so I decided to give myself a day off today. For me that meant, I didn't have a to do list. I didn't cook any meals. I didn't try to accomplish anything. But funny, a day off just isn't what it used to be.

My day off began at 5:30AM with Maggie's bottle. La Nina, who is a little under the weather, appeared by 6:30AM needing lots of extra attention and juice. The kitchen still needed attention after last night so I had the dishwasher running before 7AM. I always do laundry on Sunday, so by 8AM, the washer was running.

The good news is ALL the girls, myself included--this is the day off part-- napped together on Maggie's futon. La Nina napped longer than her bladder's staying power, so the futon cover and a few blankets were added to the laundry pile. The girls and I ran some errands this afternoon, nothing stressful, just returning borrowed items and picking up a couple of things from the grocery store. The girls were terrific in the store, a sure sign La Nina wasn't feeling well. The day ended with left overs for dinner and folding clothes.

Four loads of laundry, two loads of dishes, three meals, six diapers, three bottles and one accident later, I wonder why I thought I was getting a day off. I guess work is all just a state of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home