Maggie Makes Four!

This journal started off documenting the adoption of our youngest daughter. It now follows the twist and turns of our lives as we raise these two amazing little creatures into the best women they can become.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The Rest of the Story

I am no more rested tonight than I was last night, but here are some details.

La Nina has been under the weather for a couple of days, but Sunday night she started running a fever. Monday, she was running a fever when she didn't have tylenol, not eating and she had this nagging cough, so I figured it was just a virus. Tuesday, still had the fever, still had the cough, but something seemed different. I called the doctor early and talked myself out of taking her in, I decided to give it another day. By noon, she was refusing liquids as well as foods and that didn't seem right. I called the doctor back, and when I spoke to the nurse, she told me to bring her in immediately.

I have to hand it to Kaiser Pediatrics, when La Nina and I arrived, they were ready for us. We never sat down in the waiting room, we were immediately led to an examining room and had a doctor in the room with us before I had La Nina's shirt off. A quick check on the doctor could hear pneumonia in one lung. Most likely, she has viral pneumonia. We caught it early. She is on antibiotics for precautionary purposes and as of tonight is pretty much back to normal. The past few days were not fun for any of us.

As for Papa, I was supposed to spend yesterday with Nana in a hospital lobby waiting for news of Papa's new knee. Needless to say, other family had to step in as my hands were quite full. The good news is Papa is doing well. He is all bionic in the knee department now. I am sure he will be ready for the golf course just in time for Spring.

As for Maggie, La Nina's illness has diverted attention from her lack of lab work and she is quite pleased with the break. However, having to hang out around the house for 3 days has really cramped her style. As if to demonstrate her level of boredom, she ate three Baby Einstein flash cards. Tonight she was definitely not herself, and I fear it is more than the flashcards. I hope she is getting La Nina's virus.

I must go. I am a little short of sleep and need to get caught up, just in case I have another sick kid tomorrow. More tomorrow if I am able...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home